Sahrudaya is a health, medical and educational trust founded by Dr. Alla Gopala Krishna Gokhale with a view to rendering service to poor people crippled with heart, lung and vascular diseases, promote health awareness among public and help in education of poor children.
More than three decades of his practice both in the Government and private sector, Dr. Gokhale has seen thousands of patients silently suffering from cardiac disease because of their inability to afford the costly medical and surgical treatment.
A healthy heart in everybody.
- Supporting treatment and prevention of all types of heart, lung and vascular ailments.
- Perform cardiac operations including heart and lung transplantations – for congenital as well as acquired heart diseases of all age groups at public hospitals where the doctors affiliated to the trust are associated.
- Organize conferences, seminars, workshops and other meets of professionals engaged in the research and prevention and treatment of cardiac diseases and to make use/available the knowledge and skills of eminent personalities in this field from different parts of world.
- Publish papers, articles, audio tapes, video tapes (CDs’ and DVDs’),relating to health promotion and diseases of heart, lungs and blood vessels and do everything possible for communication of knowledge, skills and expertise in this field to persons engaged in research and treatment.
- Give grants, subsidies or other assistance by conducting medical camps for the treatment and also arrange financial assistance or render such help as deemed necessary in the circumstances of each case.
- Have tie–up with other similar organizations having similar objectives for the fulfillment of these objects.
- Arrange supply of medical equipment for medical institutions and supply medical and surgical treatment of patients and giving them institutional care and also to give or provide free medicine as deemed fit in the circumstances of each case.
- The activities of the trust and its objects will not be confined to India and can be carried outside India, subject to other approvals as required from the Government, and undertake any other activities consistent with the above objects.
Our Core Values
Love, Compassion and Service
We can make our life meaningful and purposeful only through love, compassion and service to mankind.
We believe in sharing our knowledge, skills and other resources for the well–being of less fortunate members of our society.
Together we can. We believe each individual is part of a family of individuals working together towards a shared, common purpose.
Respect for human dignity
Treat all members of society with respect and help them lead a healthy life with dignity.